The Wales Air Ambulance Charity Weekly Lifesaving Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
License Number: 004829 Website: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Licensee: Wales Air Ambulance Charity, Ty Elusen, Llanelli Gate, Dafen, Llanelli SA14 8LQ
Responsible Person: Angela Hughes
Registered Charity Number: 1083645
Telephone: 0300 0152 999 (ask for lottery department)
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Lottery you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any Lottery entry and participation instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
- The cost of each entry into the Lottery is £1. You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is 10 per draw.
- Payment to enter the Lifesaving Lottery must be made in advance via Direct Debit, cheque or debit/credit card. If you pay by monthly Direct Debit, then £4.34 (or multiples of these amounts if you have more than one line of numbers) will be collected directly from your bank account.
- Direct debits may be set up over the phone, via our website or written mandate. The Direct Debit mandate is available on the back of our leaflets or from our office. You may also set up a Direct Debit payment on our website. If you have chosen to pay by Direct Debit you will receive an Advance Notification Letter.
Draw Details and Prizes
- New members will be sent a unique randomly selected draw number(s) created by approved secure computer software and a personal membership number.
- The draw will normally take place every Friday (except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday in Wales and then the draw will take place on the next working day in Wales).
- Prizes are issued as follows:
(a) First Prize £1,000 weekly
(b) Second Prize £200 weekly
(c) Third prize £100 weekly
(d) Fourth prize 20 x £10 weekly
- Prize winners are notified by post within one week of the draw taking place, which will include the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers (as well as the title and surname of the top three winners) are published on our website. By entering the Lifesaving Lottery you agree to your title and surname being published in relation to you being a winner in the Lottery. Winning numbers also available by contacting our Lottery Department at our Llanelli office.
- If a prize cannot be paid within 6 months of the date of the draw it will be forfeited.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at any time although those received after 17.00 hours on a Thursday evening may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. If you pay by standing order or regular credit / debit card payment then you must cancel in writing via post or email. For card payment cancellations you must provide us with your original card details. Please contact our Lottery Department in Llanelli for further assistance.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription and at our absolute discretion. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Lottery Manager within 7 days. The decision of the Lottery Manager will be final.
Change of details
- It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
Licensee shall not be liable for:
- Lottery entries or communications which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner or entrant cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
- any late bank payments;
- the Licensee’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
- loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Lottery or your use of any prize;
- any interruptions or errors on or to the Website;
- technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
- any failure or delay beyond the Licensee’s reasonable control.
- The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that Wales Air Ambulance has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are 16 or over, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play the Lifesaving Lottery. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. Wales Air Ambulance will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary including seeking confirmation from relevant Agencies who can provide such information.
- Wales Air Ambulance operates a Society Lottery for the general public in Wales, for the sole purpose of raising funds for The Welsh Air Ambulance Charitable Trust. Wales Air Ambulance is committed to ensuring that the lottery is operated in a secure, fair and socially responsible way and to endorsing responsible gambling amongst its members. Please read our full Gambling Policy.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, which is available on our website or by contacting our Lottery Department.
Wales Air Ambulance reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.